Kitchen Porter Jobs in Cornwall
We are looking for enthusiastic Kitchen Porters to join our friendly kitchen team at Rick Stein’s. You’ll be a crucial part of our kitchen team, keeping everything running smoothly. We have part-time and full-time positions available with guaranteed hours through the winter, and shifts to suit your lifestyle.
- Earn a staring wage of £10.42 per hour (£9.80 for under 18’s)
- Plus, earn on average £2.96 per hour in tips
- Flexible shifts with part and full time options
- Work with the best chefs in the industry
- Work for a ‘The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company’
Join us in the kitchen to start your chef journey
As well as supporting all the chefs in the kitchen with clean pots and pans to help service run smoothly, there will be chances to get involved in some food preparation too – perfect to develop your skills and start a progression up the kitchen ranks. From your first Kitchen Porter job to Head Chef – the journey starts now. This is a vital role within our kitchens in Cornwall and beyond. Without Kitchen Porters, the rest of our chefs wouldn’t be able to do their jobs efficiently.
Progression is readily available across our restaurants, giving you the chance to experience different locations, teams, kitchens and styles of dishes to further your skill set.
Grow your career with us
Our Head Chef at the Seafood Restaurant, Pete Murt, started his career with us as a Kitchen Porter - so he knows exactly how to support and develop your chef career with us. 75% of our managers have been promoted from within and we want to help you fulfil your potential. We'll invest in you with:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence as a Kitchen Porter
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance are important to us. We'll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full-time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Brilliant tips. On top of your £10 an hour you'll earn tips These are paid weekly into your bank, aren't subject to NI deductions and you'll even get tips when you're on holiday!
- Social events. You'll get the chance to meet Rick and the family at social events and parties.
- Holiday. You'll get 28 days paid holiday every year.
- Staff discounts. You'll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses.
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you'll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you're on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there'll be little treats from us throughout the year.
Good to know
Curious about a Kitchen Porter role with Rick Stein? We'd love to hear from you.
For any enquiries about our job vacancies, please email [email protected]